Up until the late 19th century, coasters made from wool felt were used in taverns across Bavaria. These coasters not only served to protect the furniture from unsightly rings but also kept out falling leaves and uninvited flying beasts from cold pints. To this day Bavarians call coasters of all kinds "Bierfilzl". They offer an unexpected textural and refined modern heritage element to any home decor. The 4-piece set includes the following colors: Heather Blue, Turquoise, Cobalt Blue and Marine.
Water will not damage felt. In fact, the material is able to wick away large quantities of moisture - which is why these coasters are so popular! Merino wool felt is the most "hydrophilic" of all fibers. Felt can absorb up to 30% moisture and still feel dry to the touch. It wicks away moisture and condensation so nothing ever goes through to any surface keeping all furniture dry. It also keeps chilled wine bottles nice and cool with natural insulating properties.
- 5mm merino wool felt
- Spot clean
- Made in USA
- 4” x 4”
HOLIDAY SHIPPING NOTE
USPS - Holiday Shipping Dates (Within Contiguous US) - For expected arrival before December 25.
Actual delivery date may vary and is based on origin, destination, Post Office acceptance time, and other conditions.
- - You may experience delays in receiving your order due to increased volume, inventory and the impact of Covid-19. We are doing our best to maintain our normal processing and shipping times.
- - Please note that USPS does NOT guarantee delivery times for Priority Mail! If you need to guarantee delivery within a specified timeframe please select an alternate method.
UPS - Holiday Shipping Dates
- - First Class: Saturday, December 17
- - Priority Mail: Monday, December 19
- - Priority Express: Friday, December 23
Please Note the Following:
- - UPS Ground: Check UPS Website
- - UPS 3 Day Select: Tuesday, December 20
- - UPS 2nd Day Air: Wednesday, December 21
- - UPS Next Day Air: Thursday, December 22
Currently, the Service Guarantee is in effect for select Air and International services but is otherwise suspended. We remain committed to providing the excellent service that customers have come to expect. For further details on the service guarantee, visit UPS Service Guarantee | UPS - United States.
If there are changes to scheduled delivery times, or shipment times-in-transit are made, these will be reflected in all UPS shipping, tracking, and package management systems. For example, the most up-to-date transit times will always be available at ups.com/ctc
at the time of shipping.